Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Family Reunion

Memorial Day weekend was our family reunion in San Angelo, my mom's side of the family. We had a good time seeing everyone, 2 cousins that I haven't seen in 10 years and one baby (13 months old) that we had never met. Everyone came from places in Texas, Arizona and Colorado. The kids were so cute, most of them little which Kelsie loved b/c she LOVES kids. She and Jarrett are the oldest and all the others are 5 years and under. Saturday night we cooked out and let the kids swim at my mom's house and Sunday we were at the lake - it was hot but a good breeze all day kept it pretty comfortable. On Monday, the girls went and got pedicures and did some shopping while everyone else either played golf or hit the road going home. We came home on Monday night but Kelsie stayed for her week at Camp Grammy. She spends time there every year by herself and loves being spoiled at Grammy's house. We will pick her up on Friday for a week of VBS in Prosper, we are looking forward to that. I will try and post pics later this week.

I finished "Like Dandelion Dust" while I was there and started "Oceans Apart" which I am hoping to finish today (both Karen Kingsbury). Both are good reads and they are stand alone books - I have discovered I like the series books much better. Since I completely wasted yesterday and half of today, I better get busy on some laundry. Hope to post pics soon, took some cute ones to share.

2 comments:

Genny said...

Yes, you are overdue to share some pics. Looking forward to them!

Barb said...

I agree with Genny - show me the pics!

And did you know "Like Dandelion Dust" is being made into a movie? I'm not sure when it is supposed to be released, but I'm looking forward to it.