Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Huge Treat

Friday night the McLelland's and the Shirley's took us out to dinner to celebrate our new ministry (although Deana made it clear that we were NOT celebrating Wayne's new job, but rather celebrating our friendship). Anyway, they treated us to Texas De Brazil and Taylor and the big kids (Conner, Hailey, Andrew) took the little girls to Mayfest. We had such a nice dinner - if you have never been there just get ready to eat meat. My favorite was the pork tenderloin, so tender and the salad bar (more like a gourmet appetizer bar) was full of yummy stuff - smoked salmon with mustard dip, grilled provolone, goat cheese on crackers, etc.... After dinner we went to 4 day weekend for a show. The ironic thing was there was a church group there for the Methodist convention and a choir - they were a hoot and had a lot of interaction time with the performers. The show was very funny, improv - I have no idea how those guys think so quickly off the top of their heads and make anything hilarious. After the show, we went back to Texas De Brazil for dessert. Most of our group wanted creme brulee but Wayne and I shared chocolate mousse and got coffee. What a huge treat Friday night was - a great meal with good conversation and the best company, we really had a good time.

House update - no lookers this weekend. We are lowering the price on Monday so we will see what will come of that. After yard work and laundry on Saturday we went to Prosper and out to dinner with Todd and Melissa. We went to a restaurant in Plano and apparently it was prom night which proved to be entertaining as we waited for our table b/c Melissa and I got to "judge" all the dresses. It was a good way to pass the time and we saw some gorgeous (and not so gorgeous) dresses. Sunday worship was good, this was Wayne's first Sunday to lead. I must admit it feels strange to sit out in the congregation, but since I am unable to attend Wednesdays rehearsals it makes it very difficult to lead on Sundays. So, for now I will be an attender. Ironically, my quiet time on Sunday morning was the book of Malachi and it was also the sermon text today, so it was neat how God was already preparing my heart to hear some things. After church we went out with some couples for lunch and then just drove through a few neighborhoods to get an idea of areas to live in. The "farm house" that we stay in is still a little rough b/c it doesn't have a frig yet and we haven't done a great job planning for things we will need. I have a big Wal-Mart list for next week of things to take and leave there and Wayne is getting a frig from the Griffs to borrow for a while. Pretty soon we will be set up there for the weekends. We came back from Prosper to celebrate birthdays with the Shirleys at their house. We let Kelsie take her swimsuit for the hot tub but she and Morgan ended up swimming. I can't believe they weren't freezing but they had fun.

I will say here - God has so blessed us with a home here in Fort Worth while we finish out school and work and provided us a place to stay in Prosper. We are blessed with good friends and a loving family. God is so true to His word as our Jehovah Jireh! So, while I continue to pray for God to protect my heart during this transition, I also praise and thank Him for His amazing provisions - unearned and undeserved. That is our God and I am in awe!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. I'm happy for you. And I know God will continue to take care of and provide for all your needs - he's just like that! We missed you again this morning, but we'll just have to get together for lunch again soon.

Genny said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Glad to hear things are smoothing out in regards to the many transitions in your life.

Once again, you both were greatly missed, and I hope to stop saying that soon, but I just don't know...