Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day and Other Random Stuff

Happy Mother's Day! We had a great day, hope you did. On Saturday, Kelsie and Wayne gave me cards and flowers. Kelsie bought me a cuddly pink teddy bear with her own money along with a $15 gift card for itunes. What a sweet little girl. We went to Prosper on Saturday night and headed over to Wal-Mart in McKinney to purchase some necessities for our weekend stays at the farm house so we wouldn't have to keep packing stuff like shampoo and soap. We had some down time after that at the house, Wayne watched a basketball game, Kelsie colored and I started reading "Even Now" from Karen Kingsbury. I wasn't going to start until summer but I just couldn't help it - I have lots of books on my list for the summer so I just got started a little early. Church was sweet with 5 babies being dedicated and worship was good. After church, we went to eat at JinBeh, a japanese hibachi steak house, in Frisco and then went to the Stonebriar Mall to do a little shopping. After walking around there for a while, we went to get Sheridan's frozen custard. This was a first for me but Wayne had been hearing about it so we decided to go and try it. YUMMY - it is smooth like frozen yogurt but tastes more like ice cream. It was a beautiful day so we took our time sitting outside to finish our yogurt. I have to admit, it's really nice for Wayne not to have to be back at church at 3:45, it gives us the whole day to spend together. We came back to Fort Worth and back to life with Kelsie reading the next chapter of "Prince Caspian" in preparation for Monday's work. Have I mentioned we are ready to be done with school?

Random Stuff:
The house - we had a last minute showing on Thursday night. We didn't get any feedback from the realtor that showed it so no news there. What was funny about it is that since Wayne has been gone during the week to Prosper, Thursday nights have turned into family night. We have been cooking out and just hanging out at home together, playing outside with Kelsie and having dinner together. So, after work I went to Central Market and picked up a few things. Once Kelsie and Wayne got home, we started preparing everything and just as we were about to grill the chicken but had started on everything else, the phone rang and they were giving us about 20 minutes. We were all running around like crazy. Wayne vacuumed while I shoved stuff in the frig, the oven and the diswasher to clean up the kitchen. Kelsie straightened her room and took care of getting Raider on his leash and in the car. We were out in record time with candles lit, lights on and clean carpets. It was a pretty funny sight, I'm sure.

Our adventurous walk - Friday night around dusk, it was such a nice evening that Kelsie and I decided to take Raider on a walk. We have been trying to do this so that he will get enough exercise to be tired at night and sleep through until 7 a.m. - it works. Anyway, we could see the lightning from the storm in the Waco area and the wind was cool but not cold - just a pleasant night. As we turned the corner, we saw a bunny hopping across the street and then we saw why - a cat was in a pouncing position on the sidewalk where it came from. The cat looked harmless so we passed by but it arched up and hissed at us so we walked a little faster, dragging Raider along on his leash. The cat followed us, just stalking us - freaked me out so I started running and Kelsie was running behind me just cracking up laughing. She couldn't believe that I was running from a CAT! She laughed so hard but even when we looked back, the cat was at the end of the sidewalk watching. Then to top it off, we turned the next corner and at the same time a man came out of his house yelling at his daughter on the playground across the street - scared me to death! I just jumped and he apologized for startling me. I explained that I was just jumpy b/c of a cat stalking us and I'm sure he thought I was nuts. It was just funny. We saw one more bunny and lots of frogs - it was just one of those every day things turned fun.

I am planning to upload pics tomorrow so hopefully I will post some recent pics.

1 comment:

Genny said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. That custard is good stuff!

I love the cat story. They can be scary sometimes. I would have loved to see you running while Kelsie laughed.

Note to Wayne: I'll be jealous of you not having to be at church at 3:45 when we go back in the fall. It has been nice not showing up until 6:00. (or later) BTW, still missing the both of you.