Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Quick Update

So, here is just a quick update on things.... 
The House - please pray!  We had a showing yesterday morning and the feedback was really good. The realtor said they loved the house and want to come back on Monday evening with their girls and will consider making an offer then - they wanted to know why we are moving. So, we are waiting on contact between our realtor and theirs and the second showing tomorrow to find out more.  We had another showing this afternoon, no feedback yet from that one.  We are also hoping for a showing later this week as a family from Atlanta is relocating and have seen our house online and want to look at it so they are coming with our realtor which is a good thing b/c we will get instant feedback.  Of course, none of these things are guarantees but we are so hopeful that one of these families is our buyer.  We are especially hopeful since our house has been on the market 60 days today and until yesterday we had only 4 showings and this weekend we have had much more activity.  I am trying not to get my hopes up b/c I know that nothing is done until the papers are signed and money is exchanged but I am hopeful with the possibilities.  I know it's all in God's timing and He has graciously provided us with a place to live in the interim and we are so thankful.  
A Week in Prosper - we are here in Prosper for the whole week this time.  Wayne has been able to come and stay during the week so he has had the opportunity to meet with people but Kelsie and I have only been here Saturday nights and Sundays to this point.  This week is VBS so we will be here all week.  We got here last night and unloaded and then went to a dive in movie with several families from the church at their community pool.  There are lots of girls Kelsie's age and around her age so the group of them had a good time.  The movie was the "Bee Movie" which we hadn't seen but it was cute.  I did bring my camera this time so I could take some better pictures of the farm house and things around town to share.  (Sorry I didn't have time to download any pics last week - but next week when we get back, I promise).  At the farm house, the carpenter bees are still there but there were only a few this time instead of a ton of them and so we are going to spray again and plug up all the holes.  I am hoping to take a picture of them so you can see that I am not exaggerating when I say how giant they are.  The really funny thing about the property now is that the youth minister had someone dig a HUGE hole for the youth to play mud dodgeball on Wednesday Night.  Kelsie is excited about that - should be lots of fun to watch.  Also this week while we are here, I have a lunch with a realtor here in town that is anticipating needing a person to work in the office about 20 hours a week.  I wouldn't call it an official interview, but just an initial contact.  I have always been interested in real estate and this would be a good way for me to see if it's something I would want to do slowly by working in the office at first.  I do know that for a while at least I do not want a full-time job 

1 comment:

Barb said...

Glad for the good progress on the house - I'll be praying that one of these families works out. Hope you have a great time in Prosper this week. We need to have lunch once you return - sometime next week? Let me know.