Thursday, May 22, 2008

A day at The Colonial

Today was the day Wayne and I got to go to The Colonial golf tournament. The weather was perfect! It was warm and overcast with a breeze - actually it was pretty gusty at times. Probably not good for the golfers but it kept the temperature comfortable. We walked the course following various golfers, mostly Corey Pavin, all morning. We sat down at noon for lunch and then decided to walk to hole number one to see some of the big guys start off. We sat at the green and watched Phil Mickelson and others come through. He birdied hole one - it was fun to watch. After noon it was beginning to get pretty warm so we stayed under our big tree at the first hole until it was time to go. We left the golf course and had to stop by Target before we picked Kelsie up from her last day of school. We decided since she had such good grades and had been such a good student, we would surprise her with a Razor electric scooter. She got in the car and saw the big box and was so excited. Of course, we went straight home so she could play on it for just a little while before going with Wayne to his last basketball game of the season at Wedgwood. Unfortunately, they lost tonight but only by 8 points. Once they got home from the game, Kelsie was back on the scooter. I am not sure who liked it more - Wayne or Kelsie but they both had a great time riding it. Congratulations Kelsie on a great 3rd grade year!!
Other updates: Tomorrow is my last day at FBC Aledo and it's Kelsie's turn to go to The Colonial with Wayne. On Tuesday, the office had a going away lunch for those of us that are leaving (there are 3 of us moving) and gave us cards with gift cards in them. While I have enjoyed my job, I am excited to have the summer off with Kelsie. I plan to work on my reading list and be at the pool with her. We actually have a lot of things planned this summer beginning with VBS at Prosper the first week of June, Kelsie's two camps, golf school, a family trip to Austin and 2 family reunions. I guess it's a good thing I don't have a job this summer, I wouldn't have time. Nothing new on our house - keep praying for us that it will sell. We are hoping for more lookers after the holiday weekend and the summer move season starts.

Recently I heard a Hillsongs worship song called "None But Jesus." Actually, it's from the "Mighty to Save" CD so I have heard it before but for some reason recently in the car I listened to it with new understanding.

In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored

When You call I won’t refuse
Each new day again I’ll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos, in confusion
I know You’re Sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will
When You call I won’t delay
This my song through all my days

All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord Forevermore

At first, I really had to ask myself if the lyrics were true in my own life, especially the part about acting on God's call without refusal or delay. I tend to be a thrasher - you know, the kind of person who goes back and forth with God presenting excuses and arguments before finally giving in to accepting that God is sovereign and He is in control. God's sweet voice reminded me that it's the act of obedience that is important - not how I feel about it. True with moving to Prosper. It was hurtful to leave Wedgwood, hard to pick up and start over, leaving people I love. God said the important thing is that we surrendered and did it - He reminded me that He could heal the hurt part - giving us grace to obey. God has been so faithful through this entire process to show us over and over that He is guiding our steps. I am getting more excited about living in Prosper and see how happy Wayne is working with the team God has placed there. We are blessed!

1 comment:

Genny said...

I'm a thrasher, too. Glad that God is giving you peace. Looks like you have a fun start to your summer.