Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Summer Reading List

Okay, I have compiled my list for summer reading. What made me do this was our trip to Half-Price books today. I was looking at book titles and couldn't remember titles I had seen or heard about that I want to read. So, I came home to look at a few author's websites to refresh my memory of what I have and have not read and then entered the authors and titles on my iphone just in case I run across a book somewhere (I will add here that I am really going to miss Wedgwood's fabulous library this summer!) So, here is my list (pretty ambitious) but since I won't be working this summer and hope to have lots of time at the pool, maybe I will have a chance to read most of these (plus we have the cruise in September). By the way, if you own any of these titles and are willing to lend it to me for a short time, I would love it!

Karen Kingsbury (I thought I read most of hers but apparently not even close so I want to read everything b/c I love her writing):
Oceans Apart (purchased today)
Like Dandelion Dust (purchased today)
Between Sundays
Where Yesterday Lives
On Every Side
When Joy Came to Stay
Divine
A Time to Dance and A Time to Embrace
A Moment of Weakness and Halfway to Forever
A Thousand Tomorrows and Just Beyond the Clouds
Sunset (released Sept, 08)

Terri Blackstock:
Second Chances Series #1-#4
Restoration Series #1-#4

Dee Henderson:
O' Malley series #1-#6

John Grisham:
Bleachers

Francine Rivers:
The Atonement Child

Robert Whitlow:
The List
Mountain Top
Deeper Waters

Angela Hunt:
Doesn't She Look Natural and She Always Wore Red

Emily Giffin:
Love the One You're With
Baby Proof

Nora Roberts:
Hidden Riches
Tribute (released 7/8)

Allison Pittman:
Ten Thousand Charms

I can't WAIT!!! I am almost finished with Ever After by Karen Kingsbury. I will let you know how the list is coming. Still counting down the days to SUMMER!

4 comments:

Genny said...

Wow...that is an ambitious list, but looks like so much fun. I can probably loan you most of the Kingsbury books. I've read Dee Henderson's books at least twice, some three times. THEY ARE THE BEST!

You are going to have a great summer with all those books ahead of you.

Melissa said...

You haven't read the O'Malley's!! Oh dear - you've got to do those at the top of your list somewhere. The best books ever! I've read them several times. I have a large number of books on your list as I have almost complete libraries of Kingsbury, Henderson, and Blockstock. Atonement Child is an amazing book too. I have it too...somewhere. May still be in a box somewhere. How sad is that! Books in boxes - it just shouldn't be.

Stephanie said...

I think I've read almost all of Karen Kingsbury's books. Most of them were all on loan from my mom. I'll have to look into the other books you mentioned.

Barb said...

Looks like a lot of fun reading. I'll second Genny and Melissa's comments. Also, if you haven't read Danger in the Shadows, the prequel to the O'Malleys, you need to add that to your list.

Oh, I have The Atonement Child - you can borrow it. It's the book that first got me hooked on Christian fiction.