Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Gentle Reminder

God has been reminding me lately that I'm NOT "all that" in many different ways (that is a different post completely) but last Sunday the pastor at Prosper (Khris) preached on Hebrews 12:1 "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us," He talked about the sins that are acceptable, the little things we do that we can justify but we know it's not pleasing to God. Well, I know that my thing is the need to be in control. Most people would say that you have to be in control to keep things going, stay on top of stuff or that maybe it's just your personality, etc. But, I know that often times I trust myself to be in control of things instead and before I trust God to be in control. So today I had a tangible reminder of that.

Wayne was in Prosper and so I took Kelsie to school. The plan was to come home, change clothes and get to my eye doctor appt at 10 and then off to work. When I got home, I opened the garage door and when I got to the door that goes into my house it was locked. It's never locked! My key is in the lockbox on the front door for realtors and Wayne has the other key - again in Prosper. I walked around the house and all the doors were locked. I was locked out of my own house. I tried to pick the lock, that didn't work. I called our realtor who is in Grapevine and he ended up calling a Prudential realtor on this side of town to come and open my door for me. She was very sweet to come and we ended up talking on the porch while her keypad was powering on. Once we started talking about housing, prices, showings, etc she mentioned that she had a client who is interested in a one story house. So, I offered for her to come walk through and look at ours and offer any suggestions if she had them. She said the floor plan would be great for these people and she was going to call them and see if they wanted to come look at it sometime over the weekend. She said the house showed well and made a suggestion to put Bath and Body Works wallflowers in coffee or cookie smell around the house (which I purchased today). Anyway, you never know what will come of it - they may not even come and look at the house but it was a reminder that God works ESPECIALLY when I'm not in control. He is in control and He was sweet today to affirm what I was already being convicted of Sunday. I pray that I learn more about resting in Him during this process.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome reminder!!!!

Shane said...

Great stuff, Amy!

Genny said...

That "I'm not in control" is the hardest lesson to learn, isn't it? Thanks for sharing.