Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Break is here !

For us Spring Break is officially here TODAY. Kelsie had no work to do today so we are starting our Spring Break a little early. Today we are headed over to Dallas to go shopping at the American Girl Doll store. I know Wayne will find this an especially exciting way to spend the first day of Spring Break but with 2 girls in the house, there is not much choice on this one. We may try to make it to the JFK museum unless the Galleria mall lures us in with all it's offerings. It was glorious this morning to sleep until 9 - Kelsie and Raider even slept late!

On another note, this week our choir recorded a CD. We met for about 3 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Wednesday nights to record our 10 songs. It was a great experience and surprisingly exhausting. The solos were recorded separately during the week and both solo part and choir part recording is hard work! I can now see how a professional will spend ALL DAY in a studio recording 2 songs. It's very tedious to get just the right sound, note, tamber, feel, rhythm, etc. Singing live is very forgiving. You miss a note and you move forward and so unless it was REALLY bad noone notices or they forget when the next few are good. Recording exposes every little flaw in your voice, pitch and rhythm. WOW! I didn't know I sounded so bad. But, thankfully with modern technology our tech, Bob, can make me sound like a pro - love the pitch bend! By the way, the guy that came from Nashville to do all the technical stuff was GREAT! He was so nice, kept things moving along nicely and was extremely professional - and funny - thanks Bob!

3 comments:

Peas on Earth said...

Um, just so you know, folks, when Amy sounds bad, she still knocks your socks off! :-)

Bob was awesome! So, unless something gets flubbed up in the next three days, I say we hire him again!!!!

(ditto on the pitch bend - i just hope wayne doesn't regret matching me with that song!)

Genny said...

By far, the best recording experience our choir has ever had. Bob was great! And, I agree about the tired part. That was really exhausting. Who knew?

BTW, both Amy and Sharon are fantastic vocalists, and that's without pitch bend, too.

Barb said...

I so wish I could have been a part of the recording, but alas, the things I sacrifice for education. I can't wait to hear the cd though. I'm sure it will be fabulous. And Amy, I've never heard you sound bad. You always sound great. Your recording of "Something Happens" is one of my favorites.