Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Official

I have so many pics to share with you - I promise to start posting them this week. I have not made the time to upload them from my camera to post but I plan to do it this week and share them with you.

Well, it's official (read previous post). We went to Prosper this weekend to meet people at FBC and lead worship today - it's called going "in view of a call." The church then voted at the end of the service and it was unanimously yes. The weekend was full of so many surprises. We realized that we said "that went better than we thought" so many times. We had a mixture of meet/greet times and rehearsals. The meet/greets were the thing I was most nervous about but everyone was very kind. The rehearsals were good, their musicians are talented and we had a wonderful morning of worship today. The very best part of the service had nothing to do with music. At the beginning of the service, the men came up to pray and it was moving. Just men kneeling everywhere before the Lord, humbling themselves in real worship. We were blessed to be there. So as hard as this decision has been, today was affirming to all of us that God is calling us to this local body of Christ and we take the journey with Him.

We are really looking forward to this weekend. Kelsie has no idea but on Thursday after school we are going to the Great Wolf Lodge, the new hotel in Grapevine with the indoor water park. We are going with Morgan's family and the Shirley fam. It's a big surprise so ssshhhhh! I PROMISE TO POST PICS!

6 comments:

Genny said...

I'm trying to be happy.

:) See?

Genny said...

I'm trying to be happy.

:) See?

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO excited that ya'll are coming...but I know that the next 3 weeks are going to be very emotional!! Please know that I am praying for your family EVERY morning...but I'm going to give you space and time during the next few weeks to enjoy your precious friends - WE CAN'T WAIT!!

Barb said...

Apparently Genny is trying REALLY hard to be happy. :) I must say I'm not happy, but I'm praying for you guys and WBC anyway. God is sovereign, even when we don't understand. But we're gonna miss you guys!

Tray said...

Hope all goes well on the move. Keep us updated. You guys are awesome and you need to rock the house at FBC Prosper.

Peas on Earth said...

I'm not very happy either, but I am thrilled that you were able to find healing and joy in ministry at Wedgwood. When you reminded me of that part of the story, it made me have a different perspective on it all - that maybe instead of you being here for us, WE were here for YOU. Wow. We will miss you so deeply.

Aha ... Great Wolf Lodge! Fun! I promise I won't tell! :-)

So, I guess you're going to have to change the name of your blog ...??