Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Food and Friends

Have you ever noticed that food tastes better with friends? Monday night is "Wedgwood Missions" night at Palio's Pizza (btw - if you didn't know that through the month of April, Palio's Pizza is giving Wedgwood 25% of your bill to missions so take a break from cooking on Monday nights and go eat their EXCELLENT pizza, be sure to tell them you are from Wedgwood. I do not like pizza but I get "The Molly" with alfredo sauce and it is soooo yummy!) Anyway, we met the McLelland's and the Shirley's there for a quick dinner and we had good conversation and the kids got to sit together and have fun. Tuesday afternoon Morgan came over to play and at the last minute we decided to have bleu cheese burgers (a Shirley Coleman/Stacy Adams creation) and have the McLelland's over to eat with us. The girls played and played with their dolls and tried to do April Fools - they were cute. Food just tastes better with friend! Also, the girls have NO idea about the weekend - I can't wait to surprise them! So fun.

Update on Baby Allie - She had surgery on Monday for her new port. She is puffy but has not lost all her hair and I think is doing well under the circumstances. I know the family is ready to go home - keep praying for strength for them. My sister, brother in law and niece were here on the Saturday while we were in Prosper and they got to see Allie for her birthday - she turned 2 this week. Allie's grandmother stayed at the hospital and they were able to get Rachel (Allie's mom) out for a quick dinner. She never leaves Allie but it was good to get out with family for a short while. Keep praying!!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Did you say you don't like pizza??

Bartley Family said...

Yes, I said that - I do not like pizza but love Palio's - it's about the only place I will eat pizza. Get this, I don't like BBQ either....I know, I'm not southern.