Friday, April 18, 2008

Stuff

Please pray for us as we make this transition. Sunday is approaching and I feel all messed up.

1. Pray for our house to sell - we have had it on the market only 2 weeks but I guess the discouraging thing is that we have only had one showing. The realtor that showed it gave us good feedback and mentioned that it was a "lovely home" but that his buyer was looking for a little larger house that was a true 4 bedroom (our 4th is up front more like a study/playroom). So, while it was good to get the positive feedback, at this rate of showings it may be a while. We are hoping things will pick up. Right now, we are not necessarily in a huge hurry b/c Kelsie is still in school but I know it is going to get old driving back and forth to Prosper well into the summer.

2. Pray that Sunday will be a sweet time as we exit at Wedgwood.

3. Pray for Wayne's safety as he travels back and forth to Prosper beginning next Tuesday.

4. Pray that God will make it clear where Kelsie is to go to school next year and a part-time job for me.

5. Pray that God will give Wayne discernment and wisdom as he begins to build a team at Prosper. That he will be able to see those who are God focused and desire authentic, vulnerable and God-focused worship. Pray that God would continue to draw people to Himself through the body of Christ there in Prosper. Pray our worship is pleasing to God and that His name is lifted high!

6. Pray for the ability to finish strong in our jobs and school - we are a little weary. 5 more weeks of school!!! YAY! I am ssssooooo ready. My last day at my job is May 29th. That is also very sad for me b/c they are so good to me and I like what I do and I love the people I work with.

Okay - I know this is a very selfish list of prayer requests. In 2 years, all of this transition stuff that I'm stressed over will be a memory. I just know that God tells us to ask and also to lift each other up. So, I ask you to stand in the gap for us against attacks like discouragement, weariness, doubt, etc. We know God has called us and we just want to be obedient with a heart of joy and gratitude for what God is doing. Also - let us keep praying for you! Bless us by keeping us posted about your ministries and your families.

2 comments:

Genny said...

Seems overwhelming, I'm sure. We will be praying for you during this time of transition. I really wish we could just skip over tomorrow altogether. Although I am looking forward to singing "Lord, You're Holy" with you one last time.

Barb said...

Can I just say ditto to Genny's comments? See you both services tomorrow.