Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Chiming Clock and lots of Golf

So, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the Wedgworship Family presented us on Sunday night with a beautiful mantle clock. The inscription is too sad so I won't write it here. Anyway, I bought batteries for it and got it all set up and incidentally figured out how to make it not chime during the night. It is perched proudly on my mantle and the first few times it chimed it made me cry. I'm past that part now and on to the enjoying it part. I really love it - the Westminster chime along with the single chime for each hour. Thank you for the lovely gift!

Golf - Wayne loves his new golf club (also given to him by the Wedgworship family on Sunday). He and Kelsie played with Mr. Tom on Monday and Wayne said the new club made him play at a whole new level (whatever that means). Anyway, his next game is tomorrow with another wedgie, Garner. Rain, rain stay away. On Saturday we are going (all 3 of us) to the Byron Nelson tournament compliments of free tickets from a church member in Prosper. We are looking forward to the day - it will be Kelsie's first time to see a pro tournament like that. I think she will love it.

Wayne did go to Prosper this week. His first week was mostly filled with moving boxes, setting up his new office and getting his computer fixed up. He did purchase his iphone today but it won't be operational until early next week b/c his new mac is still at the apple store in Plano getting all of the files from his PC moved to his new computer (apple care ROCKS!). So, we are hoping that by Tuesday he will be completely up and running with his new phone and new computer. He did attend rehearsal on Wednesday night and said it was sweet and they had a good prayer time. He did drive back in the lightning storm on Wednesday night, it was pretty impressive. He is not leading worship this week at Prosper but we will all be there to worship with them. After church, we are headed to IKEA to get office furniture and hopefully finish setting up his office. So, we are still in limbo world a little bit but hopefully we will slowly get back into fitting in somewhere. Pray for us - our house has been on the market for 3 weeks now and we have only had one showing. I am not in panic mode yet but we definitely need more traffic if the house has a chance of selling. We are still counting down school being out - can't wait - only 4 more weeks and then we get to spend our days at the pool. YAY Summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you sound better! I'm still praying for you every morning!!

Peas on Earth said...

I looked at the clock, but I didn't see an inscription! I would love to know what "we" said! :-) When you get to the point where you can recount it here, I'd love to read it! :-) Love you guys!

Shane said...

don't get in panic mode - the house can sell quickly when it is time - the Lord is good about that.

glad you guys are doing well

Genny said...

I want to see the inscription, too. What did "we" say that was so sad?