Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a Day

What a day at Wedgwood. We had a sweet time with our Wedgwood family as this was our last Sunday to lead worship there. It started with the service this morning which was the Lord's Supper. It was hard singing in choir for the last time but as always, our choir family was there and ready to worship together. We will REALLY miss you guys and your heart for authentic worship. Tonight, as the schedule would have it, was the "green team" (the praise team I sing with) and we sang Gateway's "Overtaken." A great song (thank goodness it was upbeat), but the song is all about God taking over and us letting everything go. It was appropriate for me tonight. Worship was sweet tonight including YCAM singing. Wayne told me later that he was ready to say a prayer of blessing over the kids tonight after rehearsal but instead they ended up gathering around him to pray for him. How sweet and I know that was really special to his heart. After the service was over, Bro. Al called Kelsie up on stage along with us and Ms. Sharon presented us with gifts from the choir. Wayne got a golf club (you will have to ask him about that as I have no clue) and they gave our family a beautiful mantle clock along with a gift card to Best Buy and most special was a book of photos and cards/letters. We would not have needed these things as reminders of our time at Wedgwood b/c it will always be special to us but we will think of Wedgwood often as we see these reminders of your love for us and our time with you. In addition, on behalf of the church, Bro. Al presented us with a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. WOW! We were in total SHOCK and really appreciate their generosity. After that portion of the cry fest, we went to the CLC for a reception. Everyone was so sweet to come by and tell us a personal story or a word of encouragement. We appreciate so much every word.

So, now we are at home. We are looking at photos and reading letters. God definitely answered my prayer that today would be a sweet time at Wedgwood. Thank you God for wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ that have a heart of worship toward YOU! We have been so blessed.

5 comments:

Peas on Earth said...

I know I will see you for several more weeks, but it will be so strange not to worship with you guys. I am glad the green team got to sing your last Sunday, though when the tears started, I'd wished I wasn't on stage. ;-) I pray God will do awesome things through you at Prosper. They are fortunate to have you. God bless~

Oh ... and if you can't work in that Cozumel trip before the expiration date, feel free to give me a call. :-)

Peas on Earth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

It was definitely a bittersweet time of worship for us. We're praying God's blessings on your new position, and at the same time wishing we didn't have to let you leave. It will certainly not be the same without you there.

Looking forward to lunch tomorrow.

Peas on Earth said...

Hmmm... somehow my comment added twice so I deleted one of them. Sorry!

And looks like you got spammed, too! Whoo hoo! :-)

Bartley Family said...

Yes - I got spammed. I deleted it though and it wasn't even in English. Well, I've been blogging for a while now and that is my first - not bad. Thanks for your comments....