Monday, January 21, 2008

Hopeful

I am hopeful b/c we finally took our computer to a person to get it fixed. I am hoping to be able to put all my recent pics on it and then I can share them with you. The biggest thing that will change is that I will be able to spend my itunes money that I got for Christmas. In a rare moment last week, the computer allowed me to get on and buy some songs but I am hoping they will not get lost in the process of repair.

Now for an update - Kelsie's finger is healing nicely. She went for a follow up check on Friday and they said it was fine although she is still on an antibiotic for a few more days. Raider did well after his shots and apparently did fairly well at the groomer. K's 2nd basketball game was Saturday morning and she did GREAT! Scored 10 points, had several rebounds and assists. All the girls played well and it was very much a team effort for the win.

A funny story at Upward Basketball. During half time while the teams take a short break and go over things with the coach, a person from the church gives the adults a little devotional. It's usually very brief and ends with a prayer. This week, the guy that spoke talked about the Lord's Prayer and finding God in the secret place through prayer (Psalm 91). What was funny about it was that when we went to Gateway Church that was the scripture Robert Morris preached from in his sermon series "First." He was talking about giving God the first portion of every day and that if we want to dwell in the secret place with God, it's through prayer. Well, needless to say - I had to ask the Lord if He was really trying to tell me something about morning time with Him. As you know, I am NOT a morning person. So, I will give that struggle to Him and give Him the first portion of my day. It may be a sleepy portion but it's His as an act of obedience. Isn't it sad that God has to tell me twice? Well, I'm a slow learner.

Have a good week - I will keep you updated on the computer situation.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Glad to hear Kelsie's finger is healing well. I look forward to your computer getting fixed so we can see some pictures. Here's hoping...

Genny said...

You mean God only has to tell you twice? I'm slower than that sometimes.

I'm having computer/picture issues, too. I've gotta talk to my in-house computer guy soon.