Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Two of the same

Before we went to Canada, I drug my family all around the mall looking for a new watch. The watch I wore before just quit and the glass was so scratched up that it wasn't worth putting a new battery in and replacing the glass. I couldn't find a watch I really liked enough to spend alot of money on, so I settled for a cheap $7 watch from Wal-Mart just to have one for our trip. Well, for my birthday Kelsie and Wayne gave me a present - a Fossil Watch box. I opened it knowing that it was a watch and since we had all been shopping together, I had a feeling they had a good idea about my "requirements" - numbers not dashes, a watch with the date, something with silver AND gold, easily adjustable, etc. When I opened it, I realized it is EXACTLY the same as the old one. They didn't realize it when they bought it. Once they got home and saw the old one, they knew it was the same but still decided to give it to me anyway. I was excited about the new watch - it's shiny, unscratched, and most importantly it's working. Also, I had to smile at the fact that my family knows me so well. I am spoiled! Here is the pic of the 2 watches side by side....

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hey, when you know what you like, stick with it. I'm picky about my watches too.

Genny said...

How nice to have a family that knows you so well. Funny, too, that they bought the same watch.