Thursday, August 23, 2007

Quick Update

Kelsie did indeed start school on Tuesday. I took pics but haven't loaded them on my computer yet so maybe this weekend I will get them posted here - she is cute! Her first day of school was good, she loves her teacher which is a good sign of having a successful year. For those of you that don't know, Kelsie is going to a University Model School this year which means that she attends class on Tues. and Thurs. and works at home the other days. She gets all of her assignments and instruction from her teacher and we are just co-teachers to guide her through her work and reinforce what is being taught at school. She is taking Math, English, History, Science and Computers at school and will take Bible at home. Her first day at home was yesterday - we did okay. I was not as organized as I wanted to be so when she brought home all her parent packets on Tuesday, I was a little unprepared. Totally my fault and I will be spending some of my weekend making the front office a "base" for school. Container Store, here I come. Wayne takes care of doing the math before he goes to work and I take care of the other subjects. I would say for a first day, we did pretty well - it is definitely going to take some time to get into a routine that works for everyone but I think that is to be expected.
Finger update - Kelsie's finger is getting better with the meds the doc gave us Monday. It looks bad and I felt sorry for her last night b/c at church there was a back to school splash party and she couldn't go b/c the doc said no water, dirt, sand until after Friday. So, we both stayed home and I think she hated to miss it.
On a side note, I was happy that Yankee candle has Harvest candles for sale now (an annual Fall scent that I LOVE!). The Hallmark store at Hulen Mall had buy one and get one 1/2 off - how could I resist, it's my favorite!!! My house smelled so good last night - I LOVE FALL, can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll love the University Model thing when you get going with it. In my opinion, it's one of the best ways to educate your child if you can do it. To be very involved but not have the sole responsibility of all the planning was great. The best part was still seeing my kid alot even through high school. Michael enjoyed CLPS a great deal and I loved that time with him. Hope you have a great year, Kelsi. And I hope your hand gets better and you can get wet AND dirty soon.

Margie said...

I've never heard of a school/home school prgoram like this. VERY INTERESTING! Very neat. Glad to hear she had a good first week and who doesn't love an excuse to go to the Container Store. Great store.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad school is starting off well. We briefly looked at two University Model schools for Caleb for this year but through prayer and a nice summer break, we feel that this year home is the best place. I'm still open to the University style down the road. I think it's great Wayne is helping with math.

Lydia said...

Okay, another Wedgie infiltrating your blog. Got here from Margie's blog.

I thought at first this would be a great (secret) way to get to know Wayne and his family, but then thought it might be awkward the first time I forgot the "secret" part and walked up to you at church to ask how Kelsie's classes were going.

So hi! I'm Lydia. I work with Margie and Jeremy on the design team, and I am bookmarking your page, because I'd love to get to know you!