Friday, June 06, 2008

We're Back

We have been in Prosper this week for VBS and we got back last night.  The week was really fun, we stayed at the farm house all week and while I am glad to sleep in my own bed again, it was too busy to sit around an empty house.  Every morning was VBS until noon, my job was one of the rotation staff for 3rd grade.  I say one because we had about 36-38 kids each day so we had 3 rotation staff for them to make sure we could keep up with them, especially the very active boys in the group.  It was a good week though as 3 of our kids accepted Christ and our group won the competition for bringing the most missions money for the upcoming trip to Ecuador in September, the money went toward buying shoes to give away and overall the kids raised $1200. We also had 40 kids who are not affiliated with any church at all and whose parents said they would like more info about First Prosper.  I had pictured quiet afternoons at the farm house after VBS but we were much too busy for that to happen.  On Monday Kelsie and I got invited to swim with some girls in Kelsie's class and so we did that and then went over to the Lillard's house for dinner.  Craig was in our wedding and he is now married with 2 precious kids (Malin is Kelsie's age) and lives in Plano so we had such a good time over there - the kids got along great and we laughed ALOT.  Tuesday afternoon Kelsie and I went shopping and my gps led me astray looking for the new Mardel close to our house which it apparently doesn't know about b/c we ended up 15 miles into Plano.  We still got to a Mardel though and it got us back to the farm house eventually.  We still had fun stopping at different places to shop along the way.  Tuesday night the Executive Pastor's wife, Melissa, was having a Premiere jewelry party so I went to that and so Wayne graciously took Kelsie and Kensey to Gattitown for dinner.  They had a good time and the jewelry party was fun too.   Wednesday afternoon I did get to relax a little.  Kelsie was invited to swim with some other girls in her class at a Allie's house so I got to stay home and read a little.  Allie and Kelsie came back to the farm house around 4:30 in anticipation of the mud dodgeball tournament for the youth.  They dug a HUGE pit at the property and filled it with water to play mud dodgeball.  The kids could not wait to get in it.  So Wednesday night there were lots of people on the property watching mud dodgeball - it was hilarious.  The kids did eventually get REALLY muddy but they had a blast!  Thursday was the last day of VBS and I was totally exhausted so we went to Randy White's Hall of Fame BBQ restaurant for lunch and then went to the farm house to take a nap.  Last night was family night at the church to cap off VBS and the highlight of the night was the staff dunking booth - pretty funny and Kelsie couldn't wait to dunk her dad!  We headed home around 8 and the wind was brutal driving back but we made it home and today I am doing massive amounts of laundry.  Wayne's birthday is tomorrow so he is playing golf today with his dad and Kelsie before we celebrate graduation tonight with the McLelland family.  

Updates:  House - we had a good showing on Saturday, they were going to come back early this week to look at it and possibly make an offer.  We have heard NOTHING!  Have no idea what is going on so our realtor is going to try and make contact today.  We had 3 other showings this week which is good news b/c it looks like things are picking up a little, but no feedback from these yet.  Keep praying that God will bring the right buyer soon so we won't miss the summer activity.   

Book List - finished "Oceans Apart," Karen Kingsbury - good but a little predictable.  Also finished "Bleachers" by John Grisham - liked it a lot, he is not predictable but it was a different style than his other mystery writings.  A good read though.  Started on "Mountain Top" by Robert Whitlow - a Christian version of John Grisham. I haven't read much yet b/c I didn't have a ton of time later in the week and I was too tired to stay up until 1 a.m. reading.  Hope to finish it this week at the pool.  I purchased Karen Kingsbury "Between Sundays" and "Just Beyond the Clouds" and the prequel to the O'Malley series, Dee Henderson this week.  I also have "Hidden Riches" by Nora Roberts that my mom gave me.  So, I will let you know the progress.  I look forward to being home this week and with Kelsie at the pool each day.  More soon (with pictures).

1 comment:

Genny said...

Sounds like a busy, but fun week. I bet you're looking forward to reading and resting.