Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Quick Update

The highlights:

Friday night was "Back to the Future" sock hop for Daddy/Daughter date night at church. Kelsie and Wayne went - Kelsie dressed in jeans with a white sweater and cute little ponytail with scarf. She was cute - they had a great time and then off to Starbucks afterward. The ladies all went out to eat and had a good time visiting about what our husbands would most definitely consider "girl talk." We had a great time!

Saturday - Kelsie's basketball team lost this week for the first time, 24 to 14. They played hard though. It was a good game by all teams and they are really improving every week. We are so proud of them. The upside was that PaPaw (Wayne's dad) came to watch the game and rewarded Kelsie for her rebounds and points scored with $$. She is saving for Spring Break's trip to the American Girl doll store in Dallas and she was so excited to have a little more to save for her shopping trip.

Saturday afternoon I took Kelsie and Morgan to see the 3-D Hannah Montana movie. It was pretty good - the 3-D effects were neat and the girls seemed to enjoy the show and the music.

Superbowl was such a great game! We had the Kemner's over, Claire and Kelsie were content to play and play and play - we hardly saw them at all. We had a low key evening just enjoying the game, a very exciting game. Great food - Wayne cooked out ribs and hamburgers along with Kathy's delicious potato salad and shrimp appetizer. We had quite a spread and more importantly, great fellowship.

This week I am taking a Photoshop class for work. It's 3 days (tomorrow is the last) 9 to 4 and we have really learned a lot. The class has been very informative and Wayne and Kelsie did well being home and doing school on Monday. I will admit, I am not used to being gone every day and so my laundry/cleaning routine is out of whack. I am looking forward to the last class tomorrow so I can do the real part of my job but the class was well worth my time.

Well, no pics for now but I will post some next time - off to bed. Hope you have a good week.

3 comments:

Grace4Us said...

Wish we could have joined you at the casa for super bowl day....We MISS you guys!

....does anyone ever comment on these things but me? I am thinking that I have no "blog buds"!!!! haha

Call me soon...we need to chat!
d

Barb said...

Now you can teach me how to use Photoshop! I know just a very few basics, but would love to know more.

Genny said...

Can I send some pics over and have you "fix" them for me? I don't really want to learn Photoshop. I'd rather have someone else do it. I know -- pathetic.