Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine

Valentine's Day at our house started with the normal school/work routine with the addition of exchanging of gifts. Kelsie and Wayne had flowers and balloons for me, Wayne got a Starbucks gift card and Kelsie "Snow Buddies" movie and then off to school and work for all of us. That night, Wayne took me to the Reata restaurant in Fort Worth. The last time we were there was when the Reata was at the top of the Bank One building downtown before the tornado in 2000. After that they relocated to a different building downtown, it is now next to the 4 Day Weekend Comedy Club. The restaurant had a special Valentine's Day menu and we both (of course) had steak. It was delicious and the best part was the chocolate cake for dessert. It was such a relaxed, elegant and delicious meal. I couldn't ask for more than what God has blessed us with - that after almost 13 years of marriage we still enjoy each other's company. The things I have to celebrate on Valentine's Day are that my husband shares in my struggles and small victories of life, he is a wonderful parent to our daughter (and not a bad math teacher), he still thinks I look like I did when I was 25, and most of all he is a follower of God. Our family is blessed and thank God that we have so much love to honor on Valentine's Day. Happy Love Day to you! Tell someone you love them this week!

No comments: