Saturday, November 03, 2007

News with no pics

Hey all! I am still a little afraid to load pics on my computer b/c ours still is having problems in spite of loading a spyware blocker program. Chris Quick (our resident computer genius) is going to take a look at it and see what we need to do. In the world of digital pics, we had to back everything up on an external hard drive so we won't lose those if the computer gets wiped out. WHEW!

To catch you up, we had a fun Halloween. Kelsie was a rock star and Wayne and I dressed up as hippies. We went trick or treating with Morgan in her neighborhood and then off to the church's festival. It was fun seeing everyone dressed up. After the church, we headed to Sonic for 39 cent corn dogs. I have some cute pics which I will share at another time.

On a very sad note, November 1st was a tragic day for our family. Our backyard gate was left open and when we let Bogey outside to do his business he got out without us knowing it. He was out for about 10 minutes and we thought that was strange so Wayne went to look outside and discovered the gate open. He then ran to the front to go and look for him and I was prepared with treats to call him knowing he couldn't have gone too far in that time. He was right in front of our house and had been hit by a car. He was alive so Wayne took him straight to the vet hospital where they were able to stabilize him from the seizures he was having and take x-rays. What they found was not good and the prognosis was bad so we had to make the decision to put him down. It was very hard. Thankfully, Kelsie and I had made it to the hospital in time for her and Wayne (I couldn't do it) to go in and see him one last time (they were sweet and cleaned him up and gave him a sedative to sleep first). We all took it really hard b/c he was such a part of our family and our extended family has taken it just as hard as we have. He was such a loving and playful dog, everyone that met him just loved his personality. The good part is that we have such loving friends and have received lots of calls and e-mails and even flowers from Cincinnati to Kelsie that are coming on Tuesday. Kelsie (and the rest of our family) have truly experienced the love that is shown by Christian brothers and sisters. I pray that Kelsie will look back on this sad experience and remember the Body of Christ, good friends and family just loving on us all. Thank you for being so good to us. We love you all! More soon (maybe someday with pics).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bogey. That's always so hard. Hang in there.

Barb said...

I only met Bogey once but thought he was a great dog. I remember he kept chasing the sparkles from the light hitting the sequins on my flipflops. So sweet. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lydia said...

I'm so sorry. Animals are close to my heart, and I understand that losing a pet is losing a best friend.

Stephanie said...

We're so sorry to hear about Bogey. Even though we haven't seen you guys or Bogey in awhile, Caleb stills talks about Bogey from time to time. I just told him and he was sad to hear about Bogey. He also said if we get another fish, he will name the fish after Bogey.

Margie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! They truly do become a part of your family.