Thursday, March 29, 2007

Young Author's Competition



Kelsie and her book.

Ari, Kelsie and Madison. The 3 girls from Kelsie's 2nd grade class that were chosen to receive awards for their books.

Ari and Kelsie looking at the books on display.

Kelsie outside the school that hosted the event.

Totally unrelated - the frog in our house. See below post.....funny.

Today was Kelsie's day to go to the Young Author's Competition in Frisco with her school. It's a gathering of private schools to recognize students who have written books. Kelsie was one of three students in her grade chosen to go and she got third place for her book "My Mom, My Dad and Me." We got to meet the author of the children's book "If I Were A Monkey" and hear the story of how she got the idea and wrote the book. There was a second class that was taught by Bob Singleton, a songwriter and publisher, who talked to the kids about writing down ideas, keeping the good and throwing out the bad. It was engaging and I learned a few things myself. The best part was looking through all the kids books that were on display. They were all so creative in story and illustration. I was impressed!!! Friday night is GA's Father/Daughter Western Dinner at church so I hope to post more pictures of that later this weekend. Hope your week is going well - have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun experience with the young author's competition. I would have freaked out about the frog! Fortunately, Caleb would have caught it. Happy Easter!