Monday, March 02, 2009

Weekend Update

I wanted to take a second to fill you in on the weekend. Kelsie's bball team played a much anticipated game against the number one ranked team in our league. The girls played SO well, at half time the score was tied 5-5 and they played great defense, just shut them down. Unfortunately, the game got away from us in the end and it was 15-5 but we were proud of our girls for playing so well against this undefeated team. So, our record was 6 wins, 3 losses and we begin the tournament on Wednesday night. Keep you posted!



My ankle has improved to the point that I can hobble around today without crutches. There is a little limp b/c it's still sore but it's not nearly as swollen and I can step down on it which I couldn't do on Saturday. It's still ugly - very black and blue. Hoping for continued improvement this week and be back to normal very soon.



Serve Prosper on Saturday was GREAT. Over 100 people showed up to help even though it was super cold with the wind. I didn't get to participate b/c on Saturday I still couldn't walk without crutches. Wayne and Kelsie had a good time though and they cleared lots of dead limbs, brush and trash. I can't wait for the next one so I can participate. Kelsie and her friends found a nest of baby squirrels that fell out of a tree that was dead and being removed. After doing some research on the internet, we found out that the best thing to do with a fallen nest is to keep the babies together and return the nest to a close vicinity to the original nest site as possible so the mommy can find them. It said mommy squirrels do not reject their young with human scent like some animals do. So, they did that and when they went back later to check the babies were gone. So, we are happy they were okay and back safe in a new home. It was exciting and educational for the kids. I think there will be pics soon uploaded on the Serve Prosper site and there are some on facebook - check out our group. I love that our church is so missional. It was great to come along side so many different people in the community and reach out to people that really need help.

That's it for now. I am trying to catch up on cleaning today and this was my ankle rest time. Hope you have a great week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cold with the wind. What exactly do you know about that. It was -25 with the wind chill coming home from Church on Sunday night. THAT is super cold. Glad your ankle is getting better. Prayer works. Love ya. PAggie

Bartley Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bartley Family said...

okay. You win! But let me clarify that 40 degrees with 15 mph north wind for texans that prefer flip flops is my definition of super cold. We gripe if it gets below 50. Stay warm up there in the tundra!