Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Random Stuff

Kelsie's Birthday - On Monday Wayne took the day off because he had been gone to Ecuador all week and was tired and starting to feel a little under the weather. So, we took lunch to Kelsie at school. It was the first time we had eaten lunch with her at school and we enjoyed meeting some of her little friends. It cracked me up how the kids immediately separated into boys at one end of the table and girls at the other - I know that won't last much longer but it's cute that they are like that still. I asked Kelsie if any of the girls ever mix it up by going down there and sitting with the boys and she gave me a definitive NO!!! When we picked her up from school at 3, she immediately opened her gift and then we let her choose where to go eat that night - she chose JinBeh, a favorite for all of us! She said the kids in class counted down her birth time (12:04 p.m.) and said Happy Birthday to her in class - how cute!! The celebration continues on Friday with Rucker Rocks - I hope to post some pics of that later in the weekend.

Microwave Fire - Tuesday morning I was heating up some bacon in the microwave for Kelsie's breakfast and I put in a Happy Birthday plate left over from Grammy's house this weekend. It went up in flames - big flames. Apparently you cannot put paper plates in the microwave if it has little foil sparkles on it! YIKES.

Margaret was kidnapped - While I was at my mom's house, my gps (Margaret) along with Kelsie's portable DVD player and my iphone car charger were stolen. My mom's neighborhood is rear entry garage in an alley and I must have left my car door unlocked at some point and it presented a nice opportunity for someone to help themselves. I am thankful there wasn't a "break in," no broken glass or anything like that to deal with and they did close the door back so the light didn't stay on and run my battery down. Of course, Kelsie was upset b/c it meant a 5 hour drive with no movie but I assured her she would make it - after all, what did kids do before portable DVD players? She didn't know and didn't care! She did find some things to do like read and draw, listen to her ipod (which was in a bag and not stolen, thank goodness) and then we practiced "Christmas in Reverse" which was a good thing for both of us to do. It wasn't that bad but will all be replaced. I am LOST without Margaret. JERKS!!!!

House Hunting - Before Wayne left for Ecuador, we had been house hunting on the internet and narrowing down our search to 3-4 houses that we were going to look at once he got back. Now with financials and credit the way it is, we have decided to hold off a little and have more cash when we make an offer on something. So, we are back to our original plan to wait until after the first of the year and hope that things settle down. We are anxious to have our own house for sure but living at the farm house has been fun and it's really great when the first of the month rolls around and we don't have to make a house payment. We know God has the perfect house for us (within our budget) and His timing will be perfect just as it was when our house sold. So, we will keep praying, sorta looking and wait for "our" house.

Well, I have finished my cup of coffee and I need to get busy with some household chores and errands today. Talk later.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Kelsie should have Christmas in Reverse down pat by now, I would think. You never said, which solo did she get this time? Sorry to hear about Margaret's departure. My parents have gps - Caroline - and she certainly makes travelling easier. Oh, and the story about the plate on fire made me laugh out loud. Too funny.