Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Rope Swing

Kelsie posing on her new swing.

Out at the farm house, there was a broken rope hanging from a tree close to the house. Kelsie and Allie had moved the trampoline under it so they could reach it and swing on it. It gave Kelsie the idea while we were at Home Depot to buy a new and longer rope. So, MaMaw and Joy splurged and bought her one and then on our way out of the Wal-Mart parking lot they spotted a peice of board on the side of the parking lot entrance that would be perfect for a swing seat. So, Wayne got out and picked it up. On Tuesday night, Wayne and Kelsie had the project of hanging the rope on the tree and then attaching the board as a swing. Kelsie is such a little monkey and loved climbing all over it. The perfect homemade project especially fitting for the farm house which I am sure will provide hours of fun. Who needs a rainbow swing set?
This was a picture taken with Wayne's iphone camera of Kelsie looking out the big barn doors at sunset. I want to go back and take another with my camera so you can get the whole perspective but too many wasps right now.....eeeekkkkksss


Kelsie on the swing. (This is the view at night from our back porch)

Other news from Kelsie's world - there were auditions on Wednesday morning for honor choir at school. She and Kinzy (her friend, our pastor's daughter) were the only 2 that didn't sing Happy Birthday - good for them for being more creative! I will let you know the outcome when we find out. She finally earned enough money in class that she paid to sit with a friend at lunch so she got to sit with Kinzy at lunch yesterday. I was thinking that meant she was now broke but she said she still has $200 (Klinenberg Krones) to buy other things if she wants to later. I'm glad they got to enjoy lunch together and proud of her for her money management skills (although she's not quite as frugal with our money). Also yesterday, little Ms. Caroline came over to play after school. Caroline is 4 years old and has grown attached to some of the older girls, thinking she is their age. It's so cute! So, as a big girl, she came home to play with Kelsie after school. The cutest part was that in the car on the way to the church, Caroline was already lining up more plans saying that Kelsie could bring her pajamas and come over to spend the night at her house. She is just so precious and she loves Kelsie. I'm so proud of Kelsie for being such a sweet girl and loving people. She is just a blessing to us!

In honor of this week officially being Fall, I must continue my tradition of having a "thankful" list. I did this last year a couple of times during Thanksgiving but now I am thinking as a discipline that it should be a once a week thing - not just whenever I am "feeling" thankful. So, here goes this week's list:

  • Pumpkin Spice Latte - and a friend that brings them to me from Frisco since we do not have a Starbucks here yet - Thanks Patti!
  • Sitting on the back porch at the farm house enjoying the quiet and the breeze.
  • Watching Kelsie walk from school to the church with her friends and being there to pick her up to hear about her day over Sonic happy hour drinks.
  • Shane and Shane worship songs revisited this week while cleaning house.
  • My husband who is allowing me to take my time in figuring out a balance between work and home (and also that he is my best friend who listens to all my crap that is important to me but he could care less about, like the jewelry I ordered or how much I saved at the grocery store).
  • Listening to Kelsie hum and sing in the mornings when she is getting ready.
  • Keeping up with friends from everywhere on blogs and facebook - I love technology.
  • That my nana is still recovering well from surgery and doing better every day.
  • That "The Office" premiere is tonight!

List disclaimer: This does not encompass EVERYTHING I am thankful for but it's this week's list. Please read my lists knowing that some stuff seems stupid and it's not all spiritual stuff. No, I am not leaving God off the list but my thankful lists are done with the knowledge that without God's grace in my life I would have no blessings and that the most important blessing is a security for the future in heaven with Him and the security of now that I get to participate in His kindgom building while I am on earth. So, I am not excluding God from the list but everything I am thankful for comes from God. I owe Him my very life. I hope you have a long thankful list - love to hear yours! Have a good weekend and check out the new FBC Prosper Missions blog and pray for the Ecuador team who leaves this Saturday.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Love the pics of Kelsie on the swing. Great lighting and colors! Glad you're doing well and have so many things to be thankful for. And I definitely want to hear whether Kelsie made honor choir. I miss her in Wild Worship, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Love the new swing!! thanks again for having sweet Caroline over. She had a super terrific time. She loves her Kelsie!!