Friday, May 25, 2007

END OF SCHOOL!!

Well, I've gotten behind on my posts but here's the latest - Kelsie is done with the second grade!! Monday was her awards ceremony at school - she got recognized for the awards that she had received earlier in the year for the art festival and the young author's competition. She got certificates for A/B Honor Roll all year, keeping a 97 or above average all year in Spelling and Conduct, a PE award and a bible award for "teacher by example." Tuesday was her class party and her last day. The kids had a great time giving each other their phone numbers and e-mail on a little autograph book. I do have pictures but will have to post them at a later time. The rest of the week has been busy - I'm not sure Kelsie had the best time but we did get her room and playroom cleaned out, closets and all. We had some fun play time too in between. Today we were planning to go to the lake but the weather is not cooperating so we have to come up with plan B. Hope it doesn't ruin Monday - we are all in a race = Kelsie and I doing the 1 mile fun run with the army and Wayne doing another 5K. Then it's off to the Griffs for cooking out and (hopefully) swimming.....hope you have a good weekend. I will try and post pictures soon.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It was so good to run into you guys the other day in the parking lot! I still cannot believe how grown up Kelsie is!

Barb said...

Happy summer! Though it sure doesn't feel like summer here. I look forward to seeing more pics. I miss you guys.
Barb