Saturday, May 16, 2009

Recognition All Around

It was exciting this week that Kelsie received Rucker Rocks award for the week.  It is basically a good citizenship award that is given to students who are nominated for something he/she did to make Rucker a better place.  So, Kelsie's teacher nominated her because she saw a classmate sitting alone at the playground and went over to ask her to come play.  So sweet!  We went to the assembly on Friday and it was fun to watch the kids get to go on stage and be recognized.  Wayne was also recognized this week at the Town Council meeting for his leadership in Serve Prosper.  He and several other people who lead out in this effort, got a certificate and appreciation from the town.  



The house has been pretty fun to watch this week.  They finished all the brick with the exception of a small space around the master bedroom but it was because they ran out of brick. More was delivered yesterday so hopefully, if it will ever stop raining, they can finish that part next week.  The garage doors are in and they have also completed the stain on the hand railing and starter step as well as the kitchen cabinets and study doors and mouldings.  It looks REALLY good and it is starting to look like a livable space more every day.  All the other door casings and mouldings have been caulked and are ready to paint - I assume this coming week.  I did see today that they were installing the stone around the fireplace so I am excited to sneak over there tomorrow and take some pictures. They also started painting the outside trim - they began in the back and it looks really good.  It's always a little scary when you are picking these things from small swatches.  I always hold my breath and hope we made a good choice - so far so good - I really like the stain color we chose as well.  I hope to post some more pictures - I need to dump them on my computer from my camera first but I promise I will share.

The rest of our week was pretty quiet in the evening for once.  I was completely buried in the Twilight series.  I began book one on Sunday afternoon and finished book 4 last night.  Those books are so addictive and I loved reading them.  I guess it's time to start thinking of my summer reading list, it was pretty ambitious last summer and I didn't finish everything on the list.  This was my last week to teach music, all that's left is leading a song and poem at the 4 year old "graduation" on Tuesday afternoon.  Summer is right around the corner and we will be busy the next few weeks at Kelsie's school with field trips, Field Day, and end of year luau.  I am ssssooooooo ready for summer - sleeping in, staying up late, reading by the pool, being outside at night enjoying the breeze and stars, casual time with friends, cooking out.  I hope you have some fun summer days planned.  I will try and post pics of the house soon. Have a good week.


1 comment:

Genny said...

Way to go, Kelsie! Not a surprise at all that she would win.

House is looking great!