Thursday, February 19, 2009

Progress is Being Made

Well, progress on the house has officially been made with the arrival of the construction port-o-potty today.  I guess that means that the site is now fit to be worked on!  We meet with the designer next Friday to make our first round of selections, still no builders meeting which should happen here pretty soon.  Since Monday was President's Day, many furniture stores around had sales so Patti and Emily took me to Weir's Furniture while Wayne and the guys were playing golf.  I had never been there before but heard several people saying they had good stuff.  We had a fun day shopping for furniture (we were all looking for different things) and running around town, finishing up with lunch at Lucy's before school pick up.  When Wayne got home, we all 3 went back so I could show him what I found that day and ended up buying a couch with matching chair and a half that was on sale.  I did find 2 accent chairs as well but they were on back order and so we put 25% down to order them but the next day I had buyer's remorse because they weren't on sale and I wanted to live with the other pieces for a while first so I called to cancel.  The other things will be delivered this Saturday.  Let the decorating plan begin!

Basketball - Saturday was Kelsie's team day to play 2 games back to back.  They won the first game 14-6 but lost the second game 12-4.  They all played so well as a team but just ran out of steam in the second game and it got away from them.  We were proud of them - they played hard.  Saturday was Valentine's Day but we had already officially celebrated so we did a little shopping and out to eat after the games.

Not much else to report - just normal life going on here.  So, on to the thankful list.....  1.  The yellow daffodils blooming all over the property - they are so cheery and pretty to look at every day.  2. We have all stayed relatively healthy, no flu - YAY!  3.  Our life connection group - we love them!   4. Electric blanket we got for Christmas (thanks Mawmaw), I love crawling in a warm bed on a cold night.  5. Chocolate - I have to be thankful for chocolate in the month of February, right? 

Also - on the book list update.  I finished Karen Kingsbury's new 911 book, "Every Now and Then" that I got for Christmas and I look forward to her new series coming out - "Above the Line"  I also just finished this week John Grisham's "The Appeal."  While VERY different, they were both good reads.  Better go for now.  More soon.

2 comments:

Patti Jones said...

Nice to see you blogging again ... and nice to see your port-o-potty on my street!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on finding a house! I know you'll do a wonderful job picking out all the stuff for the house.