Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Crazy Weather and Other Stuff

So, Saturday morning we put up our Christmas lights in shorts and by Sunday we had our coats out again and it was COLD. Since then rainy and yuck, chilly but tomorrow sunshine and high 50's until the winter blast comes through with the wintry mix over the weekend. WEIRD!!

Saturday was also the day we attempted a family picture for our Christmas cards. I addressed and got all the cards ready to send, all we needed to do (in theory) is take the photo, make copies and send. Yeah right! We should have taken our friend Barb up on her offer to take our pics but as usual we waited until the last minute so we just decided to use our camera on a tripod with the timer. Disaster! By the end of the hour long, hot (we had the fan and A/C going b/c we were all in long sleeves) photo shoot everyone was frustrated, hurried and sick of trying to pretend to be happy and smile for the camera and on top of it we didn't have a usable photo. So, we decided today to just take a pic of Raider and Kelsie. I only took 5 pictures and picked the best one - it was cute - Christmas cards go out tomorrow and that's one more thing off my list. WHEW. Almost done Christmas shopping, anyone else have a hard time getting something for their husband?

Well, here are some things I have enjoyed this Christmas season:

  1. XM satellite radio Christmas music channels on our TV. Some of them play the best Christmas music and I love turning it on during the day at home.
  2. Kelsie being a sweet angel in the church musical.
  3. Pier 1 diffuser with the scent cranberry balsam
  4. Our gas fireplace - love it!
  5. Mistletoe hand soap at my kitchen sink from BBW.
  6. Free shipping on items bought online - love that!
  7. Cider - yum
  8. Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks - still my personal holiday favorite
  9. The new lighted, twinkling snowflakes we added outside this year along the walkway - so cute.
  10. Getting Christmas Cards in the mail.

Hope you enjoy all the little things during this Christmas season.

7 comments:

Genny said...

Yes, you should have taken Barb up on her offer. She is a great photographer and our session was relatively painless.

Barb said...

I'd like to see the picture of Kelsie and Raider. Bet it's cute.

And yes, I'm having trouble shopping for my husband too. Could be because I haven't met him yet!

Lydia said...

I always like buying a bunch of little things for my husband, and he's been pretty good about letting me know stuff. For the first time, though, he's asked for something practical, which he has never allowed as a matter of principal. I think I'll make an executive decision and forgo the white socks for something more fun!

Genny said...

Lydia, I don't know you, but I do know that white socks are not something you give (or should get) for Christmas.

Bartley Family said...

Lydia - no white socks. When Wayne asks for something practical like that for Christmas I tell him to buy that himself, it's part of every day life and I remind him that he need not buy me something like that. I want fun, impractical, romantic and thoughtful. I guess I'm a little high maintenance.

Genny said...

Go Amy. There is nothing wrong with a high maintenance woman.

Shane said...

when i read this entry, i found myself trying to put your list of holiday stuff (pumpkin latte, etc.... in memory for a future facebook quiz - is that natural?

i love white socks for christmas - but i also like surprises