Thursday, January 07, 2010

Weather Day!

We have been hearing for days about the "Winter Blast" or "Arctic Front" coming to North Texas and last night it arrived. Now for people in the Northern part of our country, it seems silly to get all worked up over wind chills of 4 but to Texans - bbbrrrrrrrrr. When we got the call this morning at 5:45 a.m. that school was cancelled due to icy road conditions, I was the happiest I have ever been that early in the morning. It's not that I didn't want to be at school with my little babies today but it was more about NOT wanting to get out of my warm bed and go outside where the wind is miserable. We have enjoyed the day at home - a little extra vacation. Kelsie and I stayed in our pj's drinking coffee until almost noon and then Wayne came home from lunch and now Kelsie is babysitting here at the house while I work on lesson plans for February. If you got the opportunity to stay home today, I hope that you enjoyed it! I know we have - now back to regular Texas winter temps please (mid 50's)!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm sitting in my frigid icebox of an office wondering why everyone else got to stay home but Cambridge had school. All I can say is BRRRRR!!! Glad you're enjoying your weather day.