Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter Weekend

We started our Easter celebration last Sunday night with a demonstration of a traditional Seder meal (Passover meal).  We celebrate this Easter with a Good Friday service and then a fun event called AmazinGrace (patterned after the Amazing Race) for the kids tomorrow afternoon (I hope to post pictures tomorrow) and then Easter worship service on Sunday.  I look forward to our worship and celebration times this weekend and pray that the most unbelievable and unimaginable thing God did for us, by laying down His son's life as a once and for all sacrifice for sin, not be taken for granted but that it changes us - keeps changing us to be more passionate to live for God's kingdom and purposes.  I know I have a tendency to get accustom to living with this miracle and taking it for granted in my life, but then I am jolted into a new awareness and I need that!  I hope this Easter season is that for you.  If you are a long time believer, may the Holy Spirit awaken your spirit to more of His purposes for you in His kingdom and if you are not a believer, may the Holy Spirit call you and that you will answer.

House news - the house is coming along quickly. In this past week, the house has been completely framed, the windows have been installed and yesterday the roof decking and outside walls were going up.  It is starting to actually look like a house now.  I hope to take some pictures this weekend and post them so you can see the progress.  More soon. 




No comments: